Thursday 8 July 2010

A distinguished visitor


When I looked out at 5 am this morning I saw a flash of blue disappearing into the trees behind the garden, so I got the loo window open & waited. Sure enough, not long afterwards a Kingfisher flashed past my study window from the river, and round to the pond. It perched on the slabs and I shot a few pictures before it heard the shutter and whizzed off again. However, the auto-focus had concentrated very nicely on the clump of Pulsatilla in front of the bird, with the miserable result seen to the right. The main picture is of a Kingfisher sitting in exactly the same place in October 2008.

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    You are so lucky to have a such beautiful visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful visitor. I have had the same trouble with auto-focus on my camera - especially if shooting the picture in a hurry. I've taken to manually focusing much of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kingfishers, and used to love watching them fish along our nearby canal when I was a child. Your visitor is most handsome indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.