Thursday 27 May 2010

RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2010





Back at home and reunited with my USB cable, I have now had chance to download my images from Monday and Tuesday at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. The following (actually preceding posts) give some idea of the things to be seen - mostly those that I liked, with a few I didn't... The selection is somewhat constrained by available images, as conditions for photography inside the Floral Marquee are not ideal, so some things that I would have included, such as Geum 'Totally Tangerine' are missing.

The top image here, of Ranunculus acris 'Citrinus' and Milium effusum 'Aureum' (staged by Hall Farm Nursery on its stand for Riding for the Disabled) shows what I thought to be the most attractive plant combination I noticed, although I wonder how it would work in the garden. Cactusland's display of cacti in full flower was dazzling and Medwyn's beautiful vegetables thoroughly deserved the President's Award, though the choice cannot have been easy.

2 comments:

  1. Medwyn's veggies are amazing! Judging from only photos, their display looks the same each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that this is the first time for several years that Medwyn's have exhibited at Chelsea - but there are very traditional ways of displaying vegetables...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.